- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
10 a.m. Saturday, May 12
Disney Channel’s “Playhouse Disney” gets a new kid on the programming block with “My Friends Tigger & Pooh,” a charming series that uses CG animation for the first time in presenting A.A. Milne’s beloved characters to young audiences. Not that Tigger, Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Rabbit are new to Disney viewers. They’ve been around the block a few times, but they never go stale — and that’s something the kids seem to know.
This new series for preschoolers introduces a character named Lumpy, who happens to be a new neighbor in the Hundred Acre Wood. There also is a 6-year-old girl, Darby, and her puppy, Buster. It’s the more the merrier for a gang that always finds an adventure to run into and trouble to overcome — in a preschool kind of way.
The animation is splendid, and, of course, the characters retain their charm, with veteran actor Jim Cummings returning to voice Tigger and Pooh. As expected, this traditional series finds a new voice with each episode. The series’ regular time slot is 10 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day