- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If after watching this trailer, your confused about what’s in store for Natalie Portman, that’s perfectly normal.
The first look at Annihilation shows Portman’s character, an unnamed biologist on a special mission, enter an area known as Area X, an uninhabited land in which unexplainable things happen after an incident there.
The film is from Ex Machina writer/director Alex Garland and adapts the first book in Jeff VanderMeer’s Southern Reach trilogy.
In Annihilation, the biologist’s husband (Oscar Isaac) was sent on a previous mission to Area X, and mysteriously returns (but he’s not quite himself), prompting Portman’s character to go on her own journey to find out what happened. Things don’t go smoothly.
Paramount has set a Feb. 23, 2018 release date for Annihilation, and Jennifer Jason Leigh, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson and Tuva Novotny also star.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day