- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first full-length trailer for Divergent, the adaptation of Veronica Roth‘s popular YA novel, has debuted, revealing a dystopian Chicago where people are divided into groups by values.
The two-and-a-half-minute trailer introduces viewers to 16-year-old Beatrice Prior (Shailene Woodley), who is tasked with choosing what group — they’re called factions — she’ll move into. If she gives up the one she was raised in, she’ll never see her family again. When she takes a test that is supposed to determine what faction she’s best suited for, Beatrice discovers that she’s Divergent, which means she doesn’t fit into just one category.
After learning that she needs to keep her Divergent status a secret from the leader of the society (Kate Winslet), Beatrice decides to go with Dauntless — the faction that values bravery — and there meets her instructor, Four (Theo James).
The first trailer for Summit’s adaptation gives us plenty to look at, including some big shots of all the factions (they wear different colors) gathered together, some rooftop-jumping action and the building chemistry between Beatrice and Four.
Directed by Neil Burger with a screenplay by Evan Daugherty and Vanessa Taylor, Divergent opens in theaters on March 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Being the Ricardos