- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first trailer for Son of God has debuted online.
The film is a big-screen adaptation of the History Channel’s hit 10-hour miniseries The Bible, produced by Mark Burnett and wife Roma Downey. The movie will follow Jesus from his birth through his death and resurrection and is set to feature selections from the miniseries and additional scenes left on the cutting-room floor. Portuguese actor Diogo Morgado is reprising his role as the son of God.
The trailer covers the major points in the New Testament story, including Jesus’ betrayal and crucifixion.
The first look at the movie also provides glimpses of Jesus’ ability to work miracles, like making a man walk and helping a fisherman who believed there was nothing in the water return home with a net full of fish.
Jesus is also shown forgiving a man of his sins and spreading the word of God as he becomes increasingly popular.
The Bible garnered an average of 15 million viewers per episode and earned three Emmy nominations.
20th Century Fox is releasing the film in theaters on Feb. 28.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day