- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The first look at the Barack Obama rom-com has arrived.
Southside With You follows a young Barack and Michelle Obama on their first date on a particularly hot day in Chicago.
Parker Sawyers and Tika Sumpter star as the future president and first lady in the directorial debut of writer-director Richard Tanne.
“I wonder if I can write books or hold a position of influence in civil rights,” says Barry in the trailer.
The film premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, with The Hollywood Reporter review calling it a “perceptive, intelligent, entirely credible imagining of how these two very bright young lawyers broke the ice during a long afternoon and evening in Chicago in 1989.”
Southside With You will hit theaters Aug. 19.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Barbie’ Production Prompted International Shortage of Pink Paint for Greta Gerwig’s Film
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Shameik Moore Says He Would Put His “Entire Being” Into Playing Miles Morales in Live-Action
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Hailee Steinfeld Talks Gwen’s Emotional Story and Live-Action Spider-Woman Possibilities