- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Steve Carell, is that you? The Anchorman 2 star dons heavy aging makeup and a prosthetic nose to play millionaire John du Pont in the upcoming biographical drama Foxcatcher. Channing Tatum portrays Olympic wrestler Mark Schultz, who was coached by du Pont.
The film follows Olympic wrestlers Mark and brother Dave Schultz (a bearded Mark Ruffalo) — who both won gold medals at the 1984 Olympic games — and their troubling relationship with du Pont. In 1996, Dave was shot and killed by du Pont, who was convicted of third-degree murder and later died in prison.
In the clip, du Pont explains to Mark why he summoned him. “I’m a wrestling coach, and I have a deep love of the sport of wrestling,” du Pont says. “And I wanted to speak with you about your future, about what you hope to achieve.”
Bennett Miller — whose last film was 2011’s Moneyball — helmed Foxcatcher from a script by E. Max Frye and Dan Futterman. Futterman wrote Miller’s 2005 biopic, Capote, which earned them both Oscar nominations.
Sony Pictures Classics releases Foxcatcher on Nov. 14, after a planned December 2013 release was pushed back. The film screens in competition at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival on May 19.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day