- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
And as with the director’s Alien, outer space is neither a safe or hospitable place.
Right off the bat, we know things go bad in the 20th Century Fox movie because the trailer opens with radio chatter that ends with a woman’s voice saying, “I was so wrong. I’m so sorry.”
That’s the only dialogue spoken in the preview, which is filled with quick cuts of space crafts, planetary landscapes, all-terrain vehicles, the interior of either a space craft or a space station and Charlize Theron running for her life.
The ominous, repeated pounding of a single note indicates that sh– is going bad and glimpses of an explosion in someone’s space helmet, crews fire-spraying areas, explosions, and giant boulders falling on the ground as humans run to avoid them prove it.
The tagline shown in the trailer reads: “They went looking for our beginning, what they found could be our end.”
Prometheus will be in theaters June 8, 2012.
It stars Theron, Luther‘s Idris Elba, Micheal Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, and Guy Pearce.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day