- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new trailer for Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu‘s dark comedy debuted on Thursday, with Michael Keaton running through Times Square in just a pair of tighty-whiteys.
The Fox Searchlight and New Regency project follows a former actor who once played an iconic superhero as he mounts a Broadway play based on a Raymond Carver short story in a bid to reclaim his past glory. However, the play’s egotistical leading man threatens to throw everything down the tubes.
Set to a slowed version of Gnarls Barkley’s “Crazy,” the trailer opens with Keaton hitting the stage, saying via voiceover, “How did we end up here, in this dump? You were a movie star, remember?”
The trailer then speeds through scenes of Keaton jumping off of buildings and triggering explosions — with daughter Emma Stone watching in awe — as well as reciting lines opposite onstage co-star Naomi Watts. A worried Zach Galifianakis, who plays the production’s conniving producer, is shown just offstage.
Gonzalez Inarritu co-wrote the script with Nicolas Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris and Armando Bo. He is producing with Robert Graf and John Lesher.
Watch the trailer above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day