- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Think that all the destruction and chaos glimpsed in previous trailers for Gareth Edwards’ Godzilla was the result of just one monster? Think again.
The new Asian trailer for the movie not only gives us our best look yet at the eponymous atomic lizard, but also other kaiju.
Amid scenes of explosions, resolute humans staring into the distance and artfully composed carnage, the latest trailer reveals Godzilla facing off against some kind of mutated flying creature that’s part bird, part pterodactyl as Ken Watanabe solemnly intones, “Let them fight.”
The trailer also suggests a shift in focus for the movie, with Godzilla being restored to his occasional role of humanity’s defender against other menaces. “Can you kill it?” asks Aaron Taylor-Johnson of Watanabe as we see the flying creature terrorize the occupants of a building. “I believe something can,” Watanabe responds. As Godzilla is revealed, Taylor-Johnson whispers, “A monster …” only to be corrected, “No — a god.”
Watch the new trailer below. Godzilla is released May 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Being the Ricardos