- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scarlett Johansson may be known for playing the ass-kicking Black Widow in the Marvel/Disney Avengers franchise, but she gets to become a completely different kind of superhuman in Luc Besson‘s upcoming sci-fi thriller Lucy.
The first trailer for the film introduces Johansson’s character, a woman living in a futuristic Taipei, Taiwan, who is working as a mule for the mob. She inadvertently ingests a drug that she was carrying in her stomach — and it gives her special abilities. Some of these special side-effects include: eyes that change color, the ability to write Chinese, superhuman strength and unlimited intelligence. Basically, it looks like the drug is allowing her to use more of her brain power than any other human.
Also starring Morgan Freeman, Lucy looks like a tension-filled, wild ride with Johansson running the show.
Universal will release the film on Aug. 8.
Watch the first trailer above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Being the Ricardos