- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Clash of the Titans, Warner Bros.’ remake of the cult classic, had a strong showing at the box office, grossing $493.2 million worldwide. But after the film received mostly negative reviews and left some viewers disappointed, star Sam Worthington promised to do better next time.
“I think the first one, we kind of let down some people,” Worthington said after the film’s release.
PHOTOS: Hollywood’s A-List Redefined
“What we’re setting out to do with this one — the writers and the director and myself — is improve,” Worthington said of the sequel, Wrath of the Titans.
So do they improve? Only time will tell, but the first trailer for the sequel gives viewers their first opportunity for judgment.
The first trailer for the sequel, which is helmed by Jonathan Liebesman (Battle: Los Angeles), promises new epic battles, dirty fighting and the return of Worthington as Perseus, Ralph Fiennes as Hades and Liam Neeson as Zeus. A new face is Rosamund Pike who will play a warrior and love interest, and gets plenty of screen time in this first trailer.
The Warner Bros. film is scheduled for a March 30, 2012 release. In the film Perseus must travel to the underworld to rescue Zeus, who has been targeted for capture by his traitorous son, Ares (Édgar Ramírez), and his brother, Hades.
Watch the trailer for Wrath of the Titans below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day