2 Chainz Arrested for Pot Possession at LAX
According to reports, the rapper was also carrying ingredients common in sizzurp, the cocktail combining codeine and promethazine that's popular in the hip hop community.
Apparently, 2 Chainz needs to get out of California.
Days after he was reportedly robbed of his wallet and cell phone in San Francisco, the rapper has been arrested at Los Angeles International Airport for possession of marijuana and promethazine.
According to TMZ and confirmed by MTV News, police found weed with the rapper while in LAX's terminal 5. The website later reported that 2 Chainz had also been found with promethazine, which combined with codeine creates sizzurp, a cocktail popular in the hip hop community.
The man born Tauheed Epps took to Twitter on Tuesday denying he was the victim of a robbery hours before his set at Oakland Summer Jam, but added that the city had the "best smoke in the world," which likely didn't help his case with police on Tuesday.
That said, this isn't the first time the rapper has been arrested for pot possession; in February, he was booked in Maryland for possession of the drug, but was found not guilty in April.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR