'Charles in Charge' Star Nicole Eggert Claims Scott Baio Molested Her as a Minor

Lilly Lawrence/Getty Images, Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images

Eggert claimed the alleged incidents happened repeatedly when she was between the ages of 14 and 17.

Actress Nicole Eggert is accusing actor-director Scott Baio of having "molested" her repeatedly when she was 14 until she was 17.

In a series of tweets Saturday morning, the former Charles in Charge and Baywatch star told another Twitter user commenting on Baio's support for President Donald Trump, "Ask @scottbaio what happened in his garage at his house when I was a minor. Creep."

In subsequent replies to Twitter users commenting on her tweet, Eggert described herself as a "molested child" and said that she was 14, 15, 16 and 17 when the alleged incidents occurred. To another user, she described the alleged assaults: "What is ur explanation for him fingering me at age 14?" 

The pair starred together on Charles in Charge, which ran from 1984 to 1990, on which Baio played the title character and Nicole played Jamie, one of the children college student Charles became a caretaker for when he moved into a house off-campus.

In response, Baio's wife, Renee Baio, tweeted that his legal team had served Eggert with two cease-and-desist letters.

Baio added, on Twitter, "I'm about to do a Facebook live to prove her claims are 100% lies! #NicoleEggert."

In his video, Baio, whose wife can be heard from off-camera, addressed Eggerts' claims, saying, "The reason I’m doing Facebook Live is because no one can edit me…. This is the truth." 

He went on to say that in 2012 and 2013, when Eggert first made claims against him, the actress was promoting reality shows she appeared in. Baio said he opted not to respond to the claims at that time. He then produced two letters, dated from last year, to Eggert and Charles in Charge costar Alexander Polinsky, who Baio claims "decided to team up against" him, telling them both to go to the police if they had legitimate claims. 

Baio ended his video by saying, "I don't know what else to put out there. She's my best friend in the world, then all of a sudden I'm the bogeyman. The problem with almost all he said/she said cases is they're he said/she said. Now, go prove it or disprove it...the real problem with this is people with legitimate claims aren't taken seriously, and that's too bad."

Baio also posted his written response to the allegations on his Facebook page Sunday afternoon, which began with, "Nicole Eggert has been claiming I had sex with her before she was 18 at least since 2013. She is provably wrong, and because we have been telling her that since last year without results, our only conclusion is that she is deliberately lying."

The two actors dated briefly in the late 1980s, when they starred together on Charles in Charge. Eggert has previously stated that she lost her virginity to Baio at the age of 17.

Baio has made headlines recently for vocally supporting President Trump: He appeared at the Republican National Convention to tout the then candidate and made appearances on television and on Facebook Live, where he told liberal celebrities including Lena Dunham to move to Canada in one video.

Read the exchanges between Eggert and Baio below.

Updates: 

Jan. 28, 12:30 p.m.: Updated with Baio's written response.