Al Smith Dinner: Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton's Top Jokes
Clinton went after Trump's debate performance, while Trump got booed when he tried to take some personal jabs at Clinton.
Presidential rivals Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump went face-to-face one more time before Election Day at an annual roast, in which each candidate was supposed to bring the laughs during this bitter campaign.
The venue Thursday night, just 24 hours after their third and final debate, was the annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner in New York, a white-tie gala that also serves as a showcase for presidential politics. Tradition dictates that each candidate deliver jokes and bits about one another as well as themselves, much like in a roast.
Both Clinton and Trump did just that on Thursday, joking about Trump's "temperament" and Clinton's emails.
Below are each candidate's top three moments:
1. “I’m actually a modest person. In fact many people tell me that modesty is perhaps my best quality — even better than my temperament."
2. “The media is even more biased this year then ever before. You want the proof? Michelle Obama gives a speech and everyone loves it, it’s fantastic. ... My wife Melania gives the exact same speech. And people get on her case!"
3. Trump called the event an "intimate" gathering for him, but Clinton's "largest crowd of the season," earning laughs from even Clinton herself.
Trump: Michelle Obama gives a speech, everyone loves it. Melania gives the exact same speech, people get on her case https://t.co/0aBelOyPKL— CNN (@CNN) October 21, 2016
1. "Donald wanted me drug tested before last night's debate. And look, I've got to tell you, I am so flattered that Donald thought I used some sort of performance enhancer. Now, actually I did ... it's called preparation."
2. "It's amazing I'm up here after Donald. I didn't think he'd be OK with a peaceful transition of power."
3. "After listening to your speech, I will also enjoy listening to Mike Pence deny that you ever gave it."
“I just want to put you all in a basket of adorables,” Clinton tells crowd at NYC political roast https://t.co/vx1Xub44BL— CNN (@CNN) October 21, 2016