Amanda Bynes Arrested for Marijuana Possession (Report)
The troubled actress was reportedly taken into custody in her New York apartment after a doorman called police saying someone was smoking pot in the lobby.
Troubled actress Amanda Bynes was arrested Thursday night in her New York apartment, according to published reports.
Police were reportedly called to her Midtown Manhattan apartment after being alerted by a doorman that someone was smoking marijuana in the lobby.
According to some reports, by the time police arrived, she had returned to her 36th-floor apartment. When officers knocked on her door, they saw a bong, which Bynes allegedly grabbed and threw out the window. The police said they could smell marijuana and see smoke in her apartment.
She is said to be charged with reckless endangerment, tampering with evidence and criminal possession of marijuana.
TMZ reported that she responded to the arrest by "kicking and screaming" and "yelling 'Don't you know who I am?'"
Bynes has been a tabloid fixture for the past several months due to her erratic behavior and legal woes, which have included an arrest for drunk driving as well as two alleged hit-and-run incidents.
In June, she tweeted that President Obama should "fire the cop who arrested" her because she does not drink or "hit and run."
She also has made headlines over her pronouncements of quitting acting. Sources told The Hollywood Reporter last year that the actress became unhappy with the direction of her work. According to sources, she chafed at her image as an innocent teen star and began trying to distance herself from it.
"Everybody had her as a goody-goody. She couldn't break out of that genre," a high-level agency source told THR of her dissatisfaction apparent at a 2008 meeting. "Her frustration was, 'I could have played this role; I could have played that role. I'm not getting the Lindsay Lohan roles.'"
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services