Benedict Cumberbatch Can Now Pronounce You Man and Wife
The newly ordained "Sherlock" and "Star Trek" star will officiate a marriage in Ibiza, he tells THR. "I really know how to do weddings now. And I'm available!"
This story first appeared in the Aug. 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Benedict Cumberbatch, Emmy-nominated for HBO's Parade's End, can do almost anything onscreen, including playing a villain in Star Trek Into Darkness, Sherlock Holmes, Wikileaks' Julian Assange in October's The Fifth Estate and mathematician Alan Turing in the upcoming The Imitation Game.
Looks like he can do almost anything in life, too: He's now off to Ibiza for a wedding -- that he'll conduct.
"Two friends of mine are getting married," he explains, "and they really wanted a friend to perform the ceremony. So I went on the Internet and got ordained. I really know how to do weddings now! And I'm available!"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR