Billboard Women in Music: 10 Moments to Watch
The annual event, which honored Lady Gaga and Selena Gomez among others, airs on Lifetime tonight at 8 p.m. ET.
Billboard's Women of the Year will air on Lifetime tonight at 8:00 p.m. ET. It's a star-studded affair, with performances from Tori Kelly, Fifth Harmony and more, as well as hold-on-I've-got-something-in-my-eye acceptance speeches from honorees such as Selena Gomez and Loretta Lynn.
The awards taped last week, and Billboard was there to be your spy. Check out 10 must-see moments below.
1. Fifth Harmony throws it back during their killer performance medley, which includes a little bit of Destiny's Child's "Independent Woman," among others.
2. Demi Lovato gives a showstopping performance of Confident's most emotional track, "Stone Cold."
3. Missy Elliott makes the audience tear up while talking about her 20+ years in a very, very tough business.
4. Selena Gomez shows off her softer side when she performs a ballad-y version of "Same Old Love." Plus: A very dreamy co-star introduces her!
5. Kelsea Ballerini reveals she was a serious Little Monster.
6. "I feel like this year I'm only just starting to figure out the perspective I've written the last four records from," Lana Del Rey shares in her inspiring Trailblazer acceptance speech.
7. Brittany Howard reminds fans why she deserves that Powerhouse honor when she belts "Joe."
8. Lady Gaga is movingly introduced by her mother, Cynthia Germanotta.
9. Lady Gaga gives everyone Feelings-with-a-capital-F when she performs her haunting, beautiful latest tune, "Til It Happens To You."
10. In Gaga's accompanying Woman of the Year speech, the singer — known for making others speechless — gets a bit speechless herself before delivering a serious thank you that calls out how difficult the music industry can be — but makes it clear that nothing is going to hold her back.
This story first appeared on billboard.com