Bradley Cooper: What's Next for the Sexiest Man Alive
The "Hangover" star will play a writer, a gang leader and Lucifer in his upcoming roles.
Bradley Cooper was just announced as The Sexiest Man Alive by People magazine.
Cooper’s roles in The Hangover and The Hangover Part II, along with this year’s Limitless helped him cement his place in the acting world, along with in the hearts of women everywhere.
PHOTOS: 'The Hangover' Stars Before They Were Famous
For fans of the actor, who is a Georgetown grad and speaks fluent French, there are plenty of opportunities coming up to get more facetime with those blue eyes and dazzling smile. Cooper will play a variety of roles in films coming out in 2012 and 2013, including a writer, a gang leader and the devil himself.
VIDEO: 'Hangover II's' Bradley Cooper Speaking French Becomes Internet Sensation
Here are a few highlight for what’s next for Cooper:
1. Cooper will become a writer for The Words, a drama thriller set for a 2012 release. Cooper stars as an aspiring writer who claims another man’s work as his own, and has to pay a very high price for his actions. The film also stars Olivia Wilde and Zoe Saldana.
2. Cooper will play a gang leader in Outrun. Written and directed by Dax Shepard, the film follows Charlie (Shepard), who is enrolled in Witness Protection, as he breaks the rules to drive his girlfriend across the country (Kristen Bell).
3. In The Place Beyond the Pines, Cooper will play a cop-turned-politician opposite Ryan Gosling. Gosling plays a motorcycle stunt rider who considers breaking the law in order to provide for his family. The film, helmed by Gosling’s Blue Valentine director Derek Cianfrance, also stars Greta Gerwig, Eva Mendes and Ray Liotta.
4. Cooper will star in David O. Russell’s The Silver Linings Playbook as Pat Peoples, a former teacher who has spent the last four years living in a mental institution. He returns to live with his parents and try to get his life back in order. The film, set for a Nov. 2012 release, is adapted from the novel by Matthew Quick and also stars Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro, Julia Stiles and Chris Tucker.
5. Cooper will get devilish for his role as Lucifer, the fallen angel who became the ruler of Hell, in Paradise Lost. Legendary Pictures is producing the action-oriented take on John Milton's poem about the war between angels in heaven. Casey Affleck, Djimon Hounsou, Ben Walker, Camilla Belle and Callan McAuliffe will also star in the Alex Proyas-helmed epic.