Busan Film Fest Fixes Dates for 2014
The 19th edition of South Korea's premier film event will run Oct. 2-11.
The Busan International Film Festival has announced the dates for its 19th edition. The festival will kick off, as is tradition, on the first Thursday of October, running Oct. 2-11.
The 18th edition of the festival last year featured 301 films from 70 countries -- slightly fewer compared 2012’s 304 films from 75 countries. But the 2013 event boasted slightly more premieres.
Organizers reported that 218,000 movie tickets were sold at the 2013 festival.
The Asian Film Market and Asian Project Market are moving one day earlier to open on a Sunday this year. The festival's parallel industry events will run Oct. 5-8.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack