Busan Film Fest Fixes Dates for 2014
The 19th edition of South Korea's premier film event will run Oct. 2-11.
The Busan International Film Festival has announced the dates for its 19th edition. The festival will kick off, as is tradition, on the first Thursday of October, running Oct. 2-11.
The 18th edition of the festival last year featured 301 films from 70 countries -- slightly fewer compared 2012’s 304 films from 75 countries. But the 2013 event boasted slightly more premieres.
Organizers reported that 218,000 movie tickets were sold at the 2013 festival.
The Asian Film Market and Asian Project Market are moving one day earlier to open on a Sunday this year. The festival's parallel industry events will run Oct. 5-8.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay