CBS News Correspondent Lara Logan Sexually Assaulted During Egypt Protests

She is recovering in the hospital following a brutal attack the day Mubarak stepped down.

CBS News announced Tuesday that on Feb. 11, the day Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak resigned, correspondent Lara Logan and her crew were covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for 60 Minutes when they were surrounded by a "mob of more than 200 people, who were whipped into a frenzy."

Logan got separated from her crew and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers. 
She eventually managed to reconnect with the CBS team, returned to her hotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the next morning. 
She is currently in the hospital recovering.
CBS News says no further comment will be made and Logan's family respectfully request privacy at this time.
On Feb. 3, during the Cairo protests, she and her crew were detained overnight and interrogated.
"We were not attacked by crazy people in Tahrir Square," Logan told Esquire's The Politics Blog. "We were detained by the Egyptian army. Arrested, detained and interrogated. Blindfolded, handcuffed, taken at gunpoint, our driver beaten. It's the regime that arrested us. They arrested (our producer) just outside of his hotel, and they took him off the road at gunpoint, threw him against the wall, handcuffed him, blindfolded him. Took him into custody like that."
On Feb. 10 she told the magazine that her interrogators accused her and her crew of being "Israeli agents," held them in "stress positions" throughout the night and only reluctantly gave her medical treatment for an illness.
"I was violently, violently ill," she said. "I'd been ill for a few days -- I hadn't mentioned it to anyone at CBS."
They initially ignored her condition "until I vomited so much that they did have a medic see me at this secret facility -- they wouldn't tell us where we were. Then I was begging for an IV, and at first they wouldn't. I vomited up everything that the medic gave me. I vomited all over the interrogation cell. I vomited all over this office they put me in after that, and so eventually they put me on an IV."