CinemaCon 2013: Morgan Freeman to Receive Cinema Icon Award
The “Oblivion” star is honored for his many memorable roles in“Driving Miss Daisy,” “Million Dollar Baby” and “The Dark Knight” trilogy, among others.
Morgan Freeman will be honored at this year’s CinemaCon with the 2013 Cinema Icon Award.
The Oblivion actor will be recognized during the convention’s CinemaCon Big Screen Achievement Awards ceremony on Thursday, April 18, in The Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace.
“As one of the most esteemed actors of our time, Morgan Freeman has portrayed some of the most memorable characters ever to appear on film,” said CinemaCon managing director Mitch Neuhauser, citing Freeman’s work in Driving Miss Daisy, Glory, The Shawshank Redemption, Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby and The Dark Knight trilogy. “Freeman’s presence exudes a dignity, charm and soul unmatched by any other actor.”
Freeman next stars opposite Tom Cruise in Universal’s Oblivion, out April 19. Now You See Me, co-starring Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Caine, is due out on May 31 via Summit Entertainment.
The actor received an Academy Award in 2005 for his supporting role in Million Dollar Baby and was nominated again for his role in Invictus. In 2012, he received the Cecil B. Demille Award at the Golden Globes and the year prior, was honored with the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'