Corey Feldman Defends Not Naming Alleged Hollywood Pedophiles

Corey Feldman on 'Today'

The former child actor had contentious TV interviews with Matt Lauer and Megyn Kelly about his planned pedophilia film and unnamed allegations.

In two contentious interviews on NBC's Today, Corey Feldman defended his decision to wait to publicly release the names of people he claims are pedophiles still working in Hollywood.

Feldman last week launched a $10 million fundraising campaign for a movie that he said would be the "most honest and true depiction of child abuse." On Monday, he sat down with Matt Lauer and Megyn Kelly to talk about the project and why he's waiting to expose the people behind his longstanding claims that he and other child actors, including late friend Corey Haim, were molested by older men in the industry.

Feldman clarified to Lauer that his planned project isn't a documentary but a "feature film," saying that's why he needs the $10 million budget, to pay for actors, scripts, special effects, a theatrical release and hiring attorneys to protect him when the film's released.

"It will be a very true story," Feldman said. "Everybody that affected my life, I'm going to give the perspective that I can give, what I viewed, what I experienced from a firsthand account."

It's this lack of security that Feldman says is what's kept him from revealing the names of the men he believes to be pedophiles still working in Hollywood today.

"I need a team of lawyers and I need a team of security to be around me at all time to keep me safe so I can get this message done," Feldman said. "I vow that I will release every single name that I have knowledge of, period. And nobody's going to stop this."

In sit-downs with Lauer and Kelly, Feldman declined to name names, even despite Kelly's repeated insistence that he expose people who are still endangering children.

Feldman repeatedly said that he'd gone to the police with that information, and with the fact that he's received death threats recently. He said he offered a list of people he believed to be pedophiles to the Santa Barbara police department in 1993, but was told that wasn't its jurisdiction.

He also claims that others can come forward. "There are thousands of people in Hollywood who have this same information," he told Lauer. "Why is it all on me? Why is it if I don't release the names in the next two months, six months or a year, I'm a bad guy? I'm a victim here. I'm the one who's been abused. I'm the one who's trying to come forward and do something about it. There are thousands of people out there who have this information, Matt. Any one of those child actors who went to the teenage soda pop clubs with me when I was a kid know who those people are and who ran it."

Later, sitting down with Megyn Kelly during her 9 o'clock eponymous portion of the NBC morning show, Feldman opened up about the recent brush with death he experienced.

"Someone tried to kill me the other day. I have been arrested. This is no joke. I am fearing for my life," Feldman said. "I had two trucks come speeding towards me on the highway at the same time. I was with six other people. I have many witnesses to this. I'm not saying they were trying to kill Corey Feldman but they were definitely trying to kill a group of people walking across the street."

And he reiterated that he needs to have "legal protection" before he can name the names of the men who he claimed abused him, adding that he can only speak about his personal experience.

comments powered by Disqus