Critics' Choice TV Awards: 11 Things You Didn't See on TV
The awards show for the first time aired live on A&E.
There were plenty of surprises at this year's installment of the Critics' Choice TV Awards, which honored the small screen's best series and performances.
The results offered equal parts question marks and clarity about how the honorees may fare for Emmys, but there was no questioning the star power inside the event, held once again held at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles.
Here are some highlights you didn't see during the two-hour ceremony.
1. Guest actor in a comedy nominee Josh Charles (Inside Amy Schumer) hobnobbing at the Comedy Central table with Daily Show correspondent Al Madrigal.
2. Transparent star Amy Landecker taking selfies with Dancing With the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba.
3. Empire co-creator Danny Strong arriving late and looking for his table halfway through the show.
4. Transparent creator Jill Soloway, Empire star —and winner — Taraji P. Henson and Parenthood star Mae Whitman scurrying to the bathroom after honoree Seth MacFarlane's speech.
5. Filmmaker Miranda July and Portlandia nominee Carrie Brownstein gabbing during the reality host award presentation.
6. Better Call Saul actor and winner Jonathan Banks carrying two empty beer bottles toward the restroom.
7. Empire producer Brian Grazer hugging Homeland executive producer Howard Gordon.
8. Shark Tank talent Lori Greiner taking iPhone photos with Josh Charles.
9. Empire co-creator Lee Daniels and star Henson dancing together during a commercial break.
10. Transparent actor — and winner — Jeffrey Tambor taking photos with his agent, Gersh's Leslie Siebert.
11. Daniels kissing winner and Bessie writer-director Dee Rees.