'Dancing With the Stars' Winner Hines Ward: 5 Fun Facts
The Pittsburgh Steeler won the ABC hit show Tuesday night.
Hines Ward and professional partner Kym Johnson took home the mirrorball trophy on Dancing With the Stars Tuesday night. Here are five things you may not know about Ward:
1. Ward, 35, is the wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He's played on the Steelers longer than any of his teammates. He was drafted in 1998. He was voted MVP of Super Bowl XL. He played in college at the University of Georgia.
2. He was born in Seoul, South Korea to a Korean mother and African American father. He grew up near Atlanta.
3. His position in the NFL draft was affected because he's missing his ACL in his left knee, according to Yahoo! sports. In fourth grade, he broke his kneecap after a bicycle accident and doctors never accounted for the ligament.
4. He currently lives in Sandy Springs, Georgia and has a son named Jaden with his ex wife, Simone.
5. He has two tattoos: One of Mighty Mouse in the Heisman pose on his upper right arm, and another of his name written in Korean.