Dolby Atmos Movie Count Tops 30 Titles
Warners’ “Man of Steel,” and Fox’s “Epic,” “Wolverine” and “Percy Jackson” will get mixed in Dolby’s immersive sound format.
Warner Bros.’ Man of Steel and Fox’s Epic, The Wolverine and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters will get Dolby Atmos mixes—bringing the total number of titles to more than 30 since the format was announced in the spring of 2012.
According to Dolby, there are also now 23 sound postproduction facilities around the world that are equipped to support the immersive sound format.
That includes the newly equipped Stage 10 on the Warner Bros. lot where Man of Steel is being mixed by multiple Academy Award-winning Chris Jenkins and Oscar-nominated Dean A. Zupancic. The film opens June 14.
The latest Fox titles to be confirmed as Atmos releases are Epic, an animated film from Blue Sky, scheduled for a May 24 release; The Wolverine, opening July 26; and Percy Jackson, scheduled to debut August 16.
Meanwhile an Atmos mix of Paramount’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation is currently being finalized at Dolby Burbank by multiple Academy Award-nominated Greg P. Russell and multiple Oscar-winner Scott Millan. The movie opens March 28.
To hear the films with the new sound format, movie goers will need to see them in Atmos-equipped theaters.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game