Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame Star Destroyed Again

Ryan Parker
Donald Trump's star along the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

The suspect has been jailed on a $20,000 bail.

It happened again. 

On Wednesday morning, Donald Trump's star along the Hollywood Walk of Fame was once again destroyed. 

The star was totally demolished, not just vandalized, which has also happened numerous times. 

Los Angeles police told The Hollywood Reporter a call about the star being destroyed came in around 3:33 a.m. When officers arrived, the suspect was gone. 

Around 10:30 a.m., LAPD told THR the suspect is 24-year-old Austin Mikel Clay. He was booked on felony vandalism and jailed on a $20,000 bail. His exact motive is unknown at this time. 

NBCLA reporter Jonathan Gonzalez tweeted, "Multiple people — including police — tell me a man walked up with a guitar case and pulled out the pickaxe. Then, it’s believed, he called police himself to report it, but left the scene before they got here. Now, he’s nowhere to be found." 

This marks the second time the president's star has been totally destroyed. 

In 2016, 53-year-old James Lambert Otis was taped destroying the star with a jackhammer and a pickaxe. He later pleaded no contest to one felony count of vandalism. 

Otis told those taping him he was committing the act in response to remarks he said the then-presidential candidate had previously made concerning sexual assault on the infamous Billy Bush tape. 

UPDATES: 

10:25 a.m.: Updated with suspect's identity. 

comments powered by Disqus