European Film Awards: Oscar Winner 'Searching for Sugar Man' Among People’s Choice Contenders
Spanish box office hit "The Impossible," period drama "Anna Karenina" with Kiera Knightly and Jude Law and Pedro Almodovar’s "I’m So Excited" are also among the nominees for the category.
BERLIN – Oscar-winning Swedish music documentary Searching for Sugar Man, which just celebrated more than a year in theaters in Sweden, is one of the prime contenders for this year’s People’s Choice Awards at the annual European Film Awards.
Other People’s Choice nominees include J.A. Bayona’s Spanish box office sensation The Impossible with Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor, Joe Wright’s Anna Karenina starring Kiera Knightly and Jude Law; Italian drama The Best Offer from Giuseppe Tornatore with Geoffrey Rush; Baltasar Kormakur’s Icelandic survival drama The Deep; The Broken Circle Breakdown from Belgian director Felix van Groeningen; Pedro Almodovar’s airplane comedy I’m So Excited; Susanne Bier’s romantic comedy Love is All You Need; Jan Ole Gerster’s German tragicomedy Oh Boy; Norwegian adventure film Kon Tiki and Ruben Alves' Portugese-French co-production The Gilded Cage.
European film fans will vote online for the winner of this year’s People’s Choice Award, which will be announced at the 2013 European Film Awards in Berlin on Dec. 7.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'