Former 'Bachelor' Arie Luyendyk Jr. Reveals He Tested Positive for COVID-19

Arie Luyendyk Jr. 1 - Publicity - H 2018
Courtesy of ABC

In an update shared on Friday, the former 'Bachelor' said that after more than a week of the "rough" experience, he has now tested negative.

Former Bachelor Arie Luyendyk Jr. revealed that he tested positive for COVID-19.

The 39-year-old, who led season 22 of the ABC's hit dating reality series, shared a video on his Instagram Stories Thursday in which he revealed that he was diagnosed with COVID-19 "nine days ago." After testing positive, he described it as a "rough" experience.

"I gotta say, it's not been easy being separated," he said of having to social distance from wife Lauren Burnham and their 1-year-old daughter. While isolating in a separate part of their home, Luyendyk Jr. said that Burnham has been taking care of him and "just slides some food outside and then I go get it."

Luyendyk Jr. continued to share an update on Friday while waiting in line to take another COVID-19 test.

"Still waiting... rapid tests are really hard to come by here (everyone is out of them) Had to go to an independent lab which charges $125. They do 300 tests a day and run through them before lunch," he wrote alongside a photo of himself wearing a mask.

Luyendyk Jr. later shared the results of his latest test that stated that he now tested negative. "Lauren is still scared to hug me though," he quipped.

Luyendyk Jr. marks the latest person from Bachelor Nation to contract COVID-19. Peter Giannikopoulos, a contestant from Tayshia Adams' season of The Bachelorette, revealed earlier this month that he was diagnosed with the coronavirus.

Luyendyk Jr. and Burnham got engaged on The Bachelor's After the Final Rose special following the show's controversial finale. The couple then wed a year after their engagement as they were expecting their first child.