'Friday the 13th': The Best and Worst Kills Ranked (Video)
The franchise turns 35 this year.
It's Friday the 13th, so what better way to celebrate than a look at one of the most enduring horror franchises of all time.
Friday the 13th turns 35 this year,with the film centering on psychotically vengeful mother Mrs. Voorhees scaring audiences since May 1980. At the time, the film earned scathing reviews from The Hollywood Reporter and other outlets, but the Friday The 13th went on to spark 11 followups with her son Jason front and center.
The most recent incarnation hit theaters in 2009, with sequel to that reboot excected in 2016. In 2013, THR ranked the best and worst kills to celebrate 25th anniversary of the Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood.
Revisit them out below.
1. Andy is sliced in two with a machete while walking on his hands in Friday the 13th Part III (1982).
2. Rick’s head is crushed in Jason’s hands until his eye pops out at the screen in Friday the 13th Part III.
3. Russell’s face is cut in half with an axe in Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988). (Scene begins at 2:15)
4. Jack (a young Kevin Bacon) is stabbed in the throat with an arrow from under the bed in Friday the 13th (1980).
5. Jason’s mother is beheaded with a machete in Friday the 13th.
And ... the Worst
1. Julius is decapitated by having his head punched completely off his body in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989).
2. Jason himself is “killed” by being stabbed in the heart and then actually dragged down into hell in Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993). (Scene begins at 0:53)
3. Burt is thrown against a tree, crushing his head and stabbing him with a branch as his blood colors a smiley-face on the tree, in Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986).
4. Judy is beaten to death inside a sleeping bag as it’s smashed against a tree in Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988).
5. J.J. is beaten to death with an electric guitar in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan.