GD Entertainment Fund Announces First Investments
The fund will finance four animated series from Imira Entertainment.
SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain -- GD Entertainment Fund, a Luxembourg-based boutique investment fund, announced Monday a multi-project deal to co-finance a slate of four animation projects from Spain's Imira Entertainment.
The move marks GD's first investments in entertainment projects and digital content on the eve of its first visit to MIPCOM next month, where it will be looking to invest in digital content of all genres.
The Imira deal completes financing on two animated properties, Lucky Fred (104x12'), currently in season two and the brand new Bat Pat (52 x 11'), as well as covering a part of the equity for new shows Escape Hockey (26 x 26') and Mondo Yan (52 x 12'), which was showcased at Cartoon Forum last week.
"We are very pleased to announce our first tranche of investment and see fantastic potential in our partnership with Imira Entertainment across these series," said GD general managing partner and co-CEO Julio Fraile.
Lucky Fred has already sold in over 165 territories and been dubbed into 26 languages, while Bat Pat is a spooky animated adventure-comedy based on the successful book series of the same name. The series is a co-production with Italy's Atlantyca Entertainment.
While Mondo focuses on three teenage heroes chosen to save a mystical world, Hockey is aimed at 6 to 12 year olds and blends comedy and space adventure by focusing on Dan, who has been abducted along with his friends to the planet of Plutonium, and must find his way home by winning the great Escape Hockey Tournament.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!