- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG — Universal Global Networks is to launch two of its entertainment channels – 13th Street and Children’s KidsCo — on Australia’s Austar and Foxtel pay TV platforms starting November 15.
13th Street is a channel focused on procedural drama, crime and suspense programs, and has been operated by Universal in Europe and elsewhere. KidsCo, a joint venture involving NBC Universal, Cookie Jar Group and Corus Entertainment, is a channel for pre-schoolers and boys and girls aged 6-10, with animation and live-action programming from its owners.
“We remain committed to expanding our presence in this growth region and are very excited to begin delivering a strong local version of our globally successful 13th Street brand to Australian audiences,” said Roma Khanna, president of global networks and digital initiatives. She said that NBC Universal remains committed to operating over 100 channels internationally by 2010.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day