- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michelle Obama won widespread praise for her speech at last night’s Democratic National Convention. And she also earned raves for her custom-made fit-and-flare Tracy Reese frock and her $245 J. Crew heels.
But it was her silvery blue nail polish that caught the keen fashionistas’ eyes. While the White House has not announced the actual brand, we can tell you that the hue is a hot new nail lacquer color sometimes called greige. Interestingly, she picked a color that matched the shimmery blue-grey hem of her dress, not the pink of the bodice.
Butter London makes a shade very similar called Lady Muck ($14). Maybelline’s Color Show line offers the Impeccable Greys ($4.99) and Essie’s grey-blue shade called Chincilly is reasonably priced at $8. The latter are all available online or at drugstore beauy counters.
This will not be the First Lady’s last big fashion moment. She’s set to introduce President Obama on Thursday night before a crowd of 74,000. She will also speak to the party’s African-American, Hispanic and women’s caucuses and address a gay and lesbian luncheon in Charlotte this week.
So tell us: What do you think of her silvery grey nail polish? Would you wear it?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day