- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Essence will honor four actresses at its forthcoming annual Black Women in Hollywood Awards. The honorees are Amandla Stenberg (The Hate U Give), Jenifer Lewis (Black-ish), Kiki Layne (If Beale Street Could Talk) and Regina Hall (Support the Girls).
The Oscar-week luncheon will take place Feb. 21 at the Beverly Wilshire in Beverly Hills.
In acknowledging this year’s slate of Black Women in Hollywood honorees, Essence chief creative and content officer MoAna Luu stated, “We are proud to salute the marvelous work and stunning achievements of our awardees who, as a collective presence, are challenging perceptions and impacting social change. Through their craft and commitment to causes, Amandla, Jenifer, Kiki and Regina represent the dynamic intersection of art and activism that is influencing how we shape our own destiny.”
Essence’s film-noir themed content throughout awards season — including digital profiles and the debut of four customized magazine covers — will feature each honoree. The Essence Black Women in Hollywood Awards is presented by The Ford Motor Company and sponsored by AT&T.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day