- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany — 20th Century Fox is taking Manny, Diego, Sid and the endlessly frustrated squirrel Scrat to the CineEurope film distributors’ trade fair, where Fox’s Ice Age: Continental Drift will have its world premiere June 20.
The fourth edition of the blockbuster animated franchise is set to roll out across Europe in late June and early July before hitting North American shores on July 13.
It is fitting that Fox would pick CineEurope to bow the latest Ice Age installment. European audiences are crazy for the prehistoric cartoon, produced by Blue Sky Studios. The previous entry in the franchise, 2009’s Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, grossed nearly $700 million internationally, with some $430 million coming from Europe.
Continental Drift, featuring the voices of Ray Romano, Denis Leary and John Leguizamo, will close out the CineEurope conference, which runs June 18-20 in Barcelona.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day