- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Jan. 25 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
1. Call in Funny Friends
Most celebs shy away from Oscar duty. To them, presenting is a chore. But Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were able to call on such pals as Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell for some ad-lib hilarity. Look around, you must have someone you can call on.
2. Land a Big Kahuna
The Globes scored quite a get when President Clinton — or, as Poehler called him, “Hillary Clinton’s husband” — showed up to intro Lincoln. That’ll be hard to top, but word is Barack Obama likes the movie, too.
3. Make Some News
The Globes’ Cecil B. DeMille tribute is usually a snore, but Jodie Foster‘s heartfelt confessional had people tweeting and talking. Find someone ready to come out — if not as gay, maybe as a Republican.
4. Give Out Free Drinks
The Dolby Theatre has open bars. Encourage folks to bring drinks inside so they’ll have fun — like George Clooney and Glenn Close at the Globes. Wouldn’t it be great if the audience actually seemed to be enjoying itself?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day