- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Chadwick Boseman is going from baseball to football.
Hot off of the big opening of his Jackie Robinson biopic 42, the actor is now in negotiations to join the cast of Summit and OddLot Entertainment’s Draft Day, the NFL-centric feature being directed by Ivan Reitman. Montecito Pictures is producing with OddLot.
PHOTOS: Take Me Out: Hollywood’s Best Baseball Movies
Kevin Costner and Jennifer Garner are starring in the movie, about a team GM (Costner) who must make tough professional and personal choices in the 24-hour period of the NFL Draft.
In a supporting but key role, Boseman will play a linebacker from Louisiana whose future is riding on Draft Day.
Ellen Burstyn, Denis Leary and Frank Langella are already on board.
The movie begins shooting next week in New York to capture actual moments of this year’s draft at Radio City Music Hall, then moves to Cleveland.
Boseman’s credits include appearances on TV’s Fringe, Justified and Castle. He is repped by Greene & Associates, Management 360 and Ziffren Brittenham.
Email: Borys.Kit@THR.com, Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com; Twitter: @Borys_Kit, @TatianaSiegel27
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day