- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson has joined the cast of Spy, Paul Feig‘s spy comedy starring Melissa McCarthy.
The movie, which at one point was titled Susan Cooper, centers on a CIA analyst, played by McCarthy, who goes into the field for the first time.
The cast also includes Jude Law as a suave superspy and Jason Statham as an overconfident yet clumsy spy. Also in the cast are Rose Byrne, British comedienne Miranda Hart, Bobby Cannavale and Nia Long.
It is unclear how Jackson figures into the plot, but he will play himself.
Feig will direct the film from a script he wrote. Peter Chernin and Jenno Topping are producing via their Chernin Entertainment banner along with Feig and Jessie Henderson via their Feigco Entertainment banner.
The movie will shoot in April in Budapest.
Jackson appeared in last year’s Escape Plan with Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger and just wrapped The Prince, a crime picture starring Bruce Willis and John Cusack. He is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day