- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paul Feig is doing A Simple Favor.
The adaptation of Darcey Bell’s 2017 book, which centers on a mommy blogger whose best friend suddenly disappears from their small town, is being set up at Lionsgate. Feig and producing partner Jessie Henderson will produce though their FeigCo banner. Production is set to begin in August in Toronto.
The murder mystery was originally nabbed by Fox 2000 last year, as part of a two-book deal from HarperCollins. Feig will direct from a script by Jessica Sharzer (Nerve, American Horror Story).
The project is Feig’s first in the thriller genre, after helming comedies like The Heat and Ghostbusters. A co-writer of the Weinstein Co.’s Untouchable, starring Bryan Cranston and Kevin Hart, he is represented by CAA.
Lively’s upcoming films include CBS Films’ adaptation of The Husband’s Secret. She is repped by WME and Management 360.
Kendrick’s upcoming films include the musical threequel Pitch Perfect 3 and the animated Trolls sequel. She is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day