- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The New York-based company plans to release the film, which stars Justin Long, Michael Parks, Genesis Rodriguez and Haley Joel Osment, in the third quarter of 2014.
Tusk, written and directed by Smith, is considered a “modern-day monster movie” and is currently in production. Sam Englebardt, David Greathouse and Shannon McIntosh are producing.
In the film, Long plays a journalist who finds the story of a lifetime in Mr. Howe (Parks), a worldwide adventurer with amazing tales and a curious penchant for walruses.
“I’m as happy as the day Miramax bought Clerks back in ’94!” Smith said in the announcement. “We’re so lucky A24 fell in love with our walrus picture and jumped in the pool with us. I was a big fan of how they released The Bling Ring and Spring Breakers, so I was praying Tusk would take root there.”
A24’s 2013 releases included Sofia Coppola‘s The Bling Ring, Harmony Korine‘s Spring Breakers and James Ponsoldt‘s Spectacular Now. Upcoming titles for 2014 include David Michod‘s The Rover, Steven Knight‘s Tom Hardy starrer Locke and Jonathan Glazer‘s Under the Skin, starring Scarlett Johansson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day