- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A24 has slated the thriller for release on April 10, 2015.
The story centers on a programmer (Gleeson) at an Internet-search giant who wins a competition to spend a week at the private mountain estate of the company’s brilliant and reclusive CEO (Isaac). Upon his arrival, Caleb learns that Nathan has chosen him to be the human component in a Turing Test — charging him with evaluating the capabilities, and ultimately the consciousness, of Nathan’s latest experiment in artificial intelligence. That experiment is Ava (Vikander), a breathtaking A.I. whose emotional intelligence proves more sophisticated, seductive — and deceptive — than the two men could have imagined.
The film was produced by DNA Films’ Andrew Macdonald and Allon Reich with Scott Rudin and Eli Bush executive producing along with former Film4 head Tessa Ross. Universal International Pictures is distributing the film internationally.
Garland is a producer, writer and novelist who wrote the book The Beach and the screenplays for 28 Days Later, Dredd and Sunshine. He wrote and directed Ex Machina.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day