- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A24 has picked up U.S. rights to American Honey, described as “an unfiltered snapshot of American teens” from Oscar-winning filmmaker Andrea Arnold.
Newcomer Sasha Lane stars in the movie, while Shia LaBeouf and Riley Keough co-star.
A24, which also released the hit youth-skewing pic Spring Breakers, is planning a release in the second half of 2016.
A24 described the film this way: “American Honey takes you on the road with a gang of law-breaking teenagers who are chasing the American Dream, selling magazine subscriptions by day, partying by night. Told through the eyes of Star (Lane), a new recruit to the group who falls into a relationship with one of its leaders, the film is both an intimate coming-of-age story and a look at an American generation not playing by the rules.”
The project was co-developed by Film 4 and jointly financed by Maven Pictures’ new film fund, BFI and Film 4.
American Honey was shot entirely on location in the Midwest and will feature a soundtrack that includes a diverse lineup of artists ranging from E-40 and Kevin Gates to Fetty Wap and Bruce Springsteen.
CAA repped the filmmakers and the movie in the deal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day