- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BET will air a special, Aaliyah: One In A Million, Thursday to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the singer’s death.
The hourlong show, which begins at 8 p.m. ET, will feature behind the scenes footage of the singer (full name: Aaliyah Dana Haughton) and interviews with family and friends.
Missy Elliott, Timbaland and Ginuwine are among those who speak on camera, in addition to her boyfriend at the time Damon Dash, Swizz Beatz, Lala Anthony and Patti LaBelle.
“With Aaliyah: One In A Million, we celebrate her life, her music and what she meant to so many,” Stephen Hill, BET’s president of music programming and specials, says in a statement. “Aaliyah was a beautiful angel and we’re so glad that we were able to assemble her friends and loved ones for this unique show.”
A plane carrying Aaliyah and eight others crashed en route to Florida from The Bahamas, where she had been taping the music video to “Rock the Boat” off her third album, which was released just one month before she died.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day