- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Meryl Streep will have another opportunity to confront President Donald Trump at the 89th Academy Awards on Sunday.
The actress, who has earned more nominations than any other actor in history from the Academy, famously called out Trump during her acceptance speech for the lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes in January, in which she chastised the president for mocking The New York Times’ Serge Kovaleski, a disabled reporter.
Streep also defended her anti-Trump speech, as well as voiced support for transgender rights, at the Human Rights Campaign 2017 Greater New York Gala dinner earlier this month.
Now, the Academy officially has announced that Streep will be one of the presenters at the Oscars on Sunday night.
Also announced as presenters were former Oscar winners Matt Damon, Faye Dunaway, Warren Beatty and Octavia Spencer as well as Oscar nominees Ryan Gosling, Salma Hayek, Dev Patel and Taraji P. Henson. Jason Bateman, Vince Vaughn, Jennifer Aniston and Sofia Boutella also will present.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day