- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark your calendar for the next four Oscars dates: ABC and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Tuesday announced that next year’s 90th Academy Awards will be held Sunday, March 4.
In 2019, the date will move back into February, specifically Feb. 24. In 2020, the ceremony is set for Feb. 23, and in 2021, it will take place Feb. 28.
Next year’s Oscars date, which had been previously announced, is moving into March to stay clear of the Winter Olympics, which will hold its closing-night ceremony in Pyeongchang, South Korea, on Feb. 25.
The key dates for the 90th Oscars are similar to those of the past Oscars season, except for the start of final voting, which will begin Feb. 20, a week later than final voting began this past Oscar season, Feb. 13.
The key dates for the upcoming awards season follow:
Nov. 11: Governors Awards
Jan. 5: Nominations voting opens
Jan. 12: Nominations voting closes
Jan. 23: Oscar nominations announcement
Feb. 5: Oscar nominees luncheon
Feb. 10: Scientific and Technical Awards
Feb. 20: Final voting opens
Feb. 27: Final voting closes
Feb. 28: The Oscar Concert
March 4: 90th Oscars
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day