- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BUENOS AIRES – Organizers of the ninth annual Acapulco International Film Festival announced Friday that Sylvester Stallone will be the guest of honor for the opening night gala, which will feature the Mexican premiere of the actor’s new film Grudge Match.
The red carpet movie premiere will take place Jan. 24 in The Forum of Mundo Imperial. Stallone has made several films in Mexico and shot Rambo on location in Acapulco.
“People know him, and for him, it is an honor to return to Mexico and, specifically, Acapulco and to return some of the affection that the people of Mexico have always bestowed on him,” said Victor Sotomayor director for FICA, at a press conference.
The weeklong festival also will feature documentaries, short films, expositions, writing workshops and special tourist activities. More information can be found here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day