- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
High-fashion brands have been embracing androgyny and transgender models for quite some time now, but with its latest fall campaign, Acne Studios is taking things to new extremes.
The Swedish label has cast Frasse Johansson, the 11-year-old son of creative director Jonny Johansson, to star in its women’s fall campaign. Shot by Viviane Sassen, the ads will go live on the brand’s website this Thursday. However, teaser images of the campaign, which show the preteen posing in a pink coat and high-heeled boots, already have been released via social media.
See more MTV VMAs 2015: Red-Carpet Photos
In a statement, the elder Johansson said of the campaign’s unconventionality that he prioritized “the cut, the shape and the character of the garment,” rather than societal approval or norms.
As for Frasse’s willing participation, it appears the only drawback was his footwear. “Walking in high heels is so hard, and I don’t understand how anyone can walk in them,” he told WWD of his on-camera get-up. We feel you, Frasse.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day