- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Aereo, Inc. has closed a $34 million Series C round of financing, the company announced on Tuesday.
IAC, media investor Gordon Crawford and Himalaya Capital Management, and existing investors Highland Capital Partners, FirstMark Capital and others contributed to the round of financing.
“Aereo experienced tremendous growth in 2013 and we expect 2014 to be another blockbuster year,” said Aereo CEO and founder Chet Kanojia. “Last year at this time, Aereo was launched in only New York City. Today, Aereo is available in 10 markets and will grow to 15 by the end of the quarter. In 2013, we also launched our first native app for Android, made improvements to enhance the user experience and more than doubled our employee headcount. Consumers are craving choice and options, and as a result, we continue to see explosive growth across all our markets.”
Kanojia will make the official announcement about the financing on Wednesday at 9:45 a.m. PT. It can be live streamed here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day