- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amanda Gorman’s inauguration appearance and the global attention it received — some characterized the 22-year-old poet as an American treasure and fashion icon — has resulted in an “avalanche of offers,” per an industry source familiar with such deals.
The opportunities are said to cover a range of categories from fashion and beauty to digital and high-profile magazine covers. She’s already booked some: Gorman was the first-ever poet to appear on a Super Bowl telecast, which came after a Time magazine cover.
It remains unclear if or when she will accept any offers as she remains focused on her core career of being a writer and poet and is said to be currently at work finishing her upcoming books, Change Sings: A Children’s Anthem and The Hill We Climb and Other Poems, both of which will debut Sept. 21. The books rocketed to No. 1 after her inauguration appearance.
Gorman is repped by Writers House, WME, IMG Models and law firm Gang Tyre.
A version of this story first appeared in the Feb. 17 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day