- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The star and filmmaker is expected in Ireland’s fair capital to support the debut screening of his documentary Wilde Salome.
Pacino’s feature length documentary is about famed Irish writer Oscar Wilde.
Festival director Grainne Humphreys said she was honored that Pacino chose the event for the premiere of what he has described as his most personal project ever.
“As a cinemagoer, I have long admired the ambition and range of Al Pacino’s film career, which has created such an indelible legacy on world cinema,” said Humphreys.
“A provocateur, an innovator and a consummate artist who has created some of the most iconic characters in movie history, he is also a film director driven by his personal passions.”
Billed as an unconventional feature doc, Wilde Salome invites audiences into Pacino’s private world, as he explores the complexities of Wilde’s notorious 1891 play Salome, Wilde himself and the birth of a rising star, in actress Jessica Chastain.
The festival runs Feb. 16 to 26 and 2012’s edition marks the 10th year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day