- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jeff Goldblum is set to take over for Alan Rickman in Broadway’s Seminar, the New York Times reports.
Goldbum will take over the lead role of Leonard, a teacher, beginning April 3 in the play written by Theresa Rebeck (TV’s Smash). He will play the role for an eight-week engagement.
Rickman, who has played the role since the play was in previews last October will take his final bow Sunday, April 1.
Goldblum, who appears in Tuesday’s Valentine’s Day episode of Glee, last appeared on Broadway in The Pillowman.
Currently, Lily Rabe, Jerry O’Connell, Hamish Linklater and Hettienne Park are featured in the cast.
Seminar centers on four aspiring young novelists who sign up for private writing classes with Leonard, a literary figure.
Additional castings for the play will be announced shortly.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Jonathan Majors Arrested for Alleged Assault, Rep Says Actor “Has Done Nothing Wrong”
The Woman King
Gina Prince-Bythewood to Be Honored at Black Business Association Salute to Black Women Event
Jeremy Renner Says Snowplow Involved in New Year’s Day Accident Is “Finally Making Her Way Back Home”